Study plans 2016-2017
- 10 ECTS
On the basis of
SMF1261F Brand Management
SMF2051F Organizational Management including Labor Laws
Expected learning outcomes
- Know of business strategy in a historical perspective
- Have deep knowledge about the main theories and analysis in business strategy
- Have broad knowledge about challenges and methods for strategy development in different kinds of industries
- Have broad knowledge of the relation between sustainability, innovation and strategy
- Have deep knowledge about business strategy's close relation to other management subjects
- Are able to develop vision, mission, values and goals for a firm
- Are able to do internal and external analysis of firms
- Have ability to consider different options and make strategic good, sustainable decisions for a firm
- Have ability to find sources for expanding own knowledge in business strategy
- Are able to understand, communicate and discuss strategic topics, challenges, choices and consequences
- Are able to consider and discuss dilemmas connected to sustainability and business strategy
- What is strategy?
- Vision, mission, values and goals
- Different types of strategy
- Creating value - chains, shops and networks
- Internal and external analysis and evaluation of options
- Strategic decisions and implementation
- Balances Score Cared
- Innovation and sustainability
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course may be offered in Norwegian and/or English.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Exams can be taken at GUC's campus or at other locations closer to the student's homeplace.
For exams to be taken outside campus, please contact our Student Information Desk as soon as possible for further information about application forms and costs.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner, external every 5th. year, next time in 2020.
Approved exercises are valid for re-sit examination.
Two compulsory exercises.
Both compulsory exercises have to be approved before the student can meet for examination.
Will be announced closer to semester start.
Will be announced closer to semester start