On the basis of
REA1131 Basic Mathematics and Statistics or Mathematics 1
REA1141 Mathematics 1
Expected learning outcomes
Students will be able to explain:
- Thermodynamics 1 and 2 law and how they affect us
- How gas laws work
- How humid air diagram may be used.
- How the heat transfer between the gas, liquid and solids takes place and means
Students will gain the skills to:
- Calculate mixtures of airflows of different amount and quality
- Calculate a steam turbine process in a step
- Compute such required chimney height provided a combustion volume
- Calculate circuit processes for piston machines
- Calculate the heat transfer in various substances
- Calculate the temperatures and flow rates at different air mixtures
- Have an opinion about what efficiency is and can relate to them.
- Know the difference between energy and power,
- May participate in discussions on an elementary level regarding energy and heat in the process and comfort heating
- Basic thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Moist air
- Water vapor thermodynamics
- Vapour Processes
- Combustion and purification
- Refrigeration and Heat Pump Processes
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam, 4 hours (60%)
- Evaluation of the project (40%).
- Both parts must be passed.
Oral presentation if 5 or fewer students are registered for the examination
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
An internal sensor.
At the oral exam two examiners will be present.
Regular examination of the written exam.
For project: New project at the next scheduled liquidation of the subject.
To be announced.