Digital Modelling Case Study
Study plans 2016-2017
- 15 ECTS
- BIM1001 Basic Intelligent Modelling
- BIM1011 Digital Modelling
On the basis of
BIM1021 Practical Modelling
Expected learning outcomes
On completing this course, students will have:
- Practical buildingSMART knowledge and skills relevant for civil engineering in both public and private sectors.
- Ability to lead and execute more complicated buildingSMART tasks connected with civil engineering projects for public authorities, architects, consultant engineers, contractors and building owners.
- A broad understanding of the principles of buildingSMART obtained through planning, project design and execution, management, operation and maintenance in a concrete case study.
A realistic case either individually or in groups
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Net based learning with conferences together with supervised project tasks.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The case is to be presented orally at a plenary session at the final study conference, and is to be supported by a detailed report. A single combined grading will be given.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner+external examiner
By agreement with the Course Superviser
A Case Description for the chosen case study is to be delivered for approval by the Course Supervisor. (See Additional Information below.)
Software manuals (regularly updated on the net or as built-in system help files)
Replacement course for
The modelling case is to be concerned with:
Adding intelligence to the documentation of an existing construction
Adding intelligence to the documentation of new construction
Modelling an existing but completely undocumented construction.