- SMF1042 Basic Economics.
Expected learning outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting theory.
- Practical experience in making year-end adjustments in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
- Have learned how to read and understand official accounts.
- Shall know, and have an overview over those prosesses and activities witch take place in a company economical function.
- Shall have sustainability consciousness to the accounting function.
- The economical function: Organizing, planning and control of all activities in connection with the economic function.
- The traditional year-end accounting concepts and classifications.
- Performance versus asset based accounting theory.
- Liabilities and shareholders equity.
- Income and dividends.
- Expenses and losses.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
- Group assignments.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- External examiner spring 2012.
- External examiner is used periodically to avaluate contents, arrangements and the examination system, plus examin a selection of papers.
Re-sit August 2016
C: Specified printed and hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
- Laws and accounting standards.
- Ottesen og Øyen, Samling av lover, forskrifter o.l. is not allowed
- Two compulsory group works (both must be approved). Delivery in groups of 3-4 students.
- Kristoffersen, Trond, Årsregnskapet - en grunnleggende innføring, Fagbokforlaget, 4. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-1568-3.
- Kristoffersen, Trond, Årsregnskapet - en grunnleggende innføring, Oppgavesamling med løsninger, Fagbokforlaget, 4. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-1569-0.
- Moen, Tove-Gunn og Havstein, Bjørgunn, Regnskapsorganisering, Cappelen, 6. utgave, ISBN 978-82-02-42896-9.
- Laws and accounting standards is stated by the start of the course.