Prefabricated Building Structures
- 10 ECTS
REA1141 Matematikk 1
On the basis of
BYGxxx Betongkonstruksjoner (new subject)
BYGxxx Tre- og stålkonstruksjoner (new subject)
Expected learning outcomes
Knowledge: After having completed the subject the student will:
- know the working principles of the main structural bracing systems in buildings.
- know how to produce workmdrawings and specifications according to the European structural building codes (NS-EN).
- know the principles of "Building Information Modeling" (BIM).
Skills: After having completed the subject the student will:
- be able to use a BIM-program to assist in producing work drawings and specifications according to the European structural building codes (NS-EN).
- be able to design the carrying and bracing systems for a building according to the relevant building codes (NS-EN).
- be able to use the relevant building codes (NS-EN) in a satisfactory manner
General competence: After having completed the subject the student will:
- be able to design buildings of prefabricated elements.
- be able to produce work drawings for a building.
- be able to utilize BIM as a work tool.
- The carrying and bracing systems of a prefabricated building.
- Production of work drawings using BIM.
- Detailed reinforcement specifications.
Form(s) of Assessment
Oral exam, individually
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Project: Design of a prefabricated building structure (60%)
Written exam (40%)
Both parts must be passed.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External and internal examiner every 4 year, starting in 2016.
All written/printed aids, and a non-communicating calculator, are permitted.
Announced at the start.
Replacement course for
Replaces partly "BYG3271 BIM for byggkonstruksjon", and partly "BYG3211 Betongkonstruksjoner".