Expected learning outcomes
* Good knowledge about main theories for brand development and management
* Good knowledge of the function of brand management for companies and consumers
* Know of recent sientific results in brand management
* Ability to use basic knowledge from brand management in worklife settings in a good way
* Ability to find sources for expanding own knowledge in brand management
* Understand, communicate and discuss main theories on the subject.
* Dicuss and consider ethical dilemmas in brand management
* Know of basic methods within creativity and innovation (only for students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration and Bachelor in Technology Design and Management)
Introduction to brand management
Effects of brand management for companies and consumers
The brands position for customers and the market
The brand relation aspect
Brand development strategies and cooperation
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner is used every 5. Year, next time spring 2017.
Approved exercises are valid for re-sit examination
Two compulsory group exercises.
Both compulsory exercises have to be approved before the student can meet
In addition students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration and in Bachelor in Technology Design and Management- classes have to participate in a 3 hour course in innovation and creativity.
This encloses a workshop at campus which is compulsory for the students.
The student must attend a 3 hours creative course (3KK), lectures and group exercises (applys only for campus students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration).
Samuelsen, Bendik M, Adrian Peretz og Lars E. Olsen, (2010). Merkevareledelse på norsk 2.0. (2. utgave). Oslo: Cappelen Akademiske Forlag.
Lindstrom, Martin ( 2005). BrandSense: Bygg sterkere merker ved hjelp av våre fem sanser: berøring, lukt, smak, hørsel og syn. Oslo: N.W.Damm & Søn
Bjerke, Rune og Nicholas Ind (2007). Organisasjonsdrevet merkevarebygging.Oslo: J.W.Cappelens Forlag