Digital Signal Processing
- 10 ECTS
On the basis of
- REA2081 Mathematics 2 for elektro
- ELE1051 Elektronics
Expected learning outcomes
The students shall know the basic algorithms of digital signal processing.
The students shall be able to use MATLAB for design and simulation of algorithms for digital signal processing
- Know on baseband signal transmission.
- Know the construction of modulated signal.
- Know methods for signal coding.
- Able to do calculations with modulated signal.
- Able to simulate modulated signal using computer simulation tools.
- Understand the different techniques for signal modulation / demodulaltion and encoding / decoding.
- Use computer tools to evaluate wireless communication systems.
Use of Matlab
Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT)
FIR and IIR filters
Baseband signal transmission
Analog and digital modulation
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Written Exam, 5 hours, evaluated by lecturer.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
8 out of 12 exercises must be approved before taking the exam.
Ifeachor and Jervis: Digital Signal Processing
Skalar: Digital Communications - Fundamentals and Applications