On the basis of
Expected learning outcomes
- After having completed the subject the student shall be able to repeat, explain and analysis stress- and strain relations in concrete, steel and wood. In addition he will acquire a clear view of other basic properties of those materials.
- After having completed the subject the student should be able to design simple components in concrete, steel and wood in accordance with the euro-codes (NS-EN).
- After having completed the subject the student should be able to explain the basic material properties of concrete, steel and wood.
- After having completed the subject the student should be able to utilize the euro-code (NS-EN) satisfactorily within the area of the subject.
- After having completed the course the student should be able to communicate with regard to materials and structural design.
- Basic material properties of concrete, steel and wood: stresses, strain, modules of elasticity, and shear, climatic effects and characteristic strength.
- Structural concrete design, cracks, deflection and anchorage of reinforcing bars.
- Structural wood design of beams for moment, shear, lateral buckling and deflection. Structural wood design of columns for axial and lateral load.
- Structural steel design of beams and columns. Classifications of cross sections.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Emnet er tilrettelagt for gjennomføring både for campusstudenter og nettstudenter. Den enkelte student står fritt til selv å velge den formidlingsform som best er tilpasset eget behov. Emnet foreleses med forelesninger på campus som er åpne for alle. Materiell som tar for seg hovedpunktene fra campusforelesningene i emnet finnes også på internett.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 6 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The final exam counts 100 %.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Next ordinary final exam.
All written and printed material. Non-communicating calculator.
5-7 works of which all except one must be accepted.
Will be announced when the subject starts.
Replacement course for
BYG2052 Structural design 1