Expected learning outcomes
The student will know the technical components of a hydropower plant, both high-and low-pressure systems, and knowing the different turbintypers applications. The student will recognize the environmental consequences can be expected and possible measures that can be taken to minimize environmental impact. Students will get a small introduction to stock inflow forecasts.
After completing the course the student should have:
- the technical components of the waterway in a power plant
- turbintypers the different components and applications
- turbintypers efficiencies
- generator and transformer in terms of safety and security
- Students will be able to calculate the potential energy and power associated with flow and head.
- Students will be able to account for the environmental aspects of hydropower development and the consequences and measures that can be
- Types dam, spillways, gates, valves, inntakk, thrashracks, shafts, svingekamere, ventilation etc.
- Turbine Types
- Generator and transformer (security and protection)
- Power Station
- River power plants, high or low pressure systems with dams
- Watersheds, snømagsiner, inflow forecasting
- Environmental aspects of hydropower development - consequences and measures
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Study visits to power stations
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by two internal examiners
It held its own re-sit examination of the written exam.
Mandatory study visits, an estimated 2 pcs.
To be announced