Expected learning outcomes
The students should acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills for calculating load flow in electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Modelling transformers for load flow and short circuit analysis.
- Modelling long, medium and short line for load flow calculation.
- Principle of modelling electrical grid systems and use of Norton_Rapson method.
- Calculation of resistance, capacitance and inductance for overhead lines.
- Calculate voltage drop, and power loss of radial lines.
- Calculate capacitor banks for phase compensation.
- Use per unit model for calculations
Voltagedrop and power loss in cabels, phasecompensation, shortcut and earth shortcuts, distribution networks with networkstations, regional networks with transformationstations, centralnetworks with , controll, dimention og isolation, power influence, selectivity.
Net Support Learning
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)