Expected learning outcomes
The students will:
- Acquire knowledge of internationalisation of higher education.
- Become familiar with Gjøvik and Lillehammer University
Colleges international strategies.
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge of networking.
- Increase their cultural understanding.
- Improve their language skills
- Learn how to plan and organise activities (incl. budgeting
- Lectures with focus on internationalisation, cooperation, problem solving, intercultural communication, practical arrangements for international students etc.
- Welcome and follow up on incoming exchange students.
- Plan and organise activities for international students.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
To complete the course the students must hand in a report (appr. 2000 words). In the report they will reflect on what they have learned, what they consider to be special challenges for international students and how these challenges can be met, the role of the international office, new ideas for activities for international students. The students will be evaluated based on the practical tasks, participation in compulsory activities and the written report.
Theoretical course, approved plan for the course, practical tasks, participation in activities and meetings.