Basic GIS knowledge, e.g. GEO1121 GIS Intro (10 ECTS Credits)
Basic database knowledge, e.g. GEO-ny- Introduction to databases (5 ECTS Credits)
Expected learning outcomes
After completing this course module, the students will be able to use conceptual schema languages to describe (simple) information models. The students also will have knowledge of how to convert the models into databases suitable for geographical data and how to manage the database, including management of the user access to databases.
The course is structured into 5 parts:
- Geographical Data Modelling
- Unified Modelling Language
- Relevant standards for handling geographical information
- Building and Quality Assurance of Geodatabases
- Geodatabase Management and Access
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Evaluation of 3 Projects
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
List available in Study Guide at startup time.