Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, students will have a comprehensive understanding of the modeling of geographic information and Norwegian standards for geodata. Students will acquire basic knowledge of geographic data capture mainly using photogrammetry, with emphasis on assessing the quality of existing products with a view to using them in the construction of new mapping presentations.Students will in addition to theoretical knowledge gain practical skills in the use and control of geographical data to land surveying.
- Modeling of geographic information
- Norwegian and international standards of geodata
- Basic photogrammetry, stereo photogrammetry, station marking, selection and co-ordination of photogrammetric control points, aerial photography, aerial triangulation
- Photogrammetric detail plotting, equipment and methods
- Laser scanning
- Mapping standards and control of geodata, controll of geografical data
- Remote Sensing
Form(s) of Assessment
Oral exam, individually
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The course consist of 2-3 handins and an individual oral examination. Each part must be individually approved. The grading is a total evaluation based on the handins and the oral examination. Alternatives to an individual oral examination may be considered for non-residential net-based candidates.” For students taking the subject in a net-based program, the oral examination will be replaced with an written examination..
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Coursework is evaluated by lecturer(s)
External moderators regularly assist in reviewing content and evaluating arrangements for grading assessment.
5-8 tasks that must be previously approved to take the exam.
- Tor Bernhardsen: Geografiske Informasjonssystemer (4.utgave, Vett og Viten 2006, ISBN 13: 978-82-412-0617-7
- Statens Kartverk (2003): Standarden Kart og geodata, tilgjengelig fra http://www.statkart.no/
- Statens Kartverk: Kontroll av geodata, tilgjengelig fra http://www.statkart.no/
- Fotogrammetri for landmålere, Dag Norberg
- Diverse utdelt materiell/notater
Replacement course for
GEO2132 Kartlegging og GEO3111 Geografisk informasjonsbehandling (5 av 15 stp)