On the basis of
IMT4892 Digital Workflow
Expected learning outcomes
After successful completion, the students will be capable of:
- Explaining and discussing the challenges and issues faced in the development of the next generation web - the semantic, service-oriented, mobile, and social web
- Discussing the principles, technologies, and standards being used to build the next generation web
- Developing applications for the next generation web
- The next generation web
- Semantic web fundamentals
- Introduction to semantic web technologies
- Principles of service-oriented computing
- Service and knowledge modeling and representation
- Transactions and service processes
- Social web fundamentals
- Mobile web fundamentals
- Next generation web standards
- Opportunities and challenges for businesses, users, and society
- Developing next generation web applications
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The project work will be performed in groups consisting of 2-3 students each.
The course will be offered both as an ordinary campus course and as a course that is offered in a flexible way to off-campus students. Lecture notes, e-lectures and other types of e-learning material will be offered through an LMS. Communication between the teachers and the students, and among the students, will be facilitated by the LMS.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Exam counts for 60%
- Project counts for 40%
- Both parts must be passed individually
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal and external examiner for the written exam.
Internal examiner for the project work.
Ordinary re-sit examination is offered for the written exam.
English translation dictionary.
Three status reports must be submitted according to a plan which will be presented at the start of the course.
- M. Singh and M.N. Huhns, Service-Oriented Computing, Wiley Blackwell, 2004, ISBN-10: 0470091487
- Note handouts and research papers
Replacement course for
Parts of IMT4501 XML og Web Technologies