Basic knownledge in Geographical Information Systems, e.g. GEO1121 GIS Intro
On the basis of
GEO1121 GIS Intro
Expected learning outcomes
On completing this course module, a student will be able to:
- identify a user/an organisations needs for geographical information
- fit these needs into the current framework (internal and external)
- formulate the needs in a specification
- identify important initiatives used to establish geographical infrastructures on national and international level.
- analyse and compare different GI strategies (Geographical Infrastructure)
The course is structured into 5 parts:
- Analysing an organisation
- Specification of geographical services
- Spatial Data Infrastructrues (SDI)
- Policy, legal and economical aspects of GIS use
- GI Strategies Case study based on EIS (Environmental Information Systems) studies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Evaluation of 4 projects
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
List available in Study Guide at startup time.