Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student have ability to provide data to Spatial Data Infrastructure where the target groups are mainly geomatic professionals, e.g. a person working at a local municipality or governmental agency. The course will give general basic knowledge about SDI.
- Introduction to SDI
- The European directive Inspire
- Norwegian SDI – Norway Digial
- Laws and standards
- European and global databases
- Metadata and metadata catalogues
Teaching Methods (additional text)
- Video Lectures
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Assessment of 1 hand-in
The main course book is:
* Building European Spatial Data Infrastructure, by Ian Masser (2007), ESRI Press, 90 pages
More recommended reading is found in the course module website.