Adversary modelling for Information Security Management
- 5 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
Having completed the course, the student should have
- sound understanding of the relevance of adversary modelling in an information security management setting.
- an understanding of key aspects of adversary modelling
- acquired skills to judge the appropriateness of a given model to a particular information security management setting
- acquired skills to be able to select an appropriate model for a particular information security setting
- acquired skills to apply modelling techniques to construct and analyze an adversary model applicable to selected scenario classes
The course will cover a selection the following or similar topics
- Adversarial models for opponent intent inferencing
- Human factors in opponent intent
- Extrapolation of the opponent’s past behaviours
- Plan recognition
- Imperfect, partial and corrupted information
- Strategies in large scale problems
- Basic game theory
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Lectures, seminars or guided self study depending on the number of students
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Exam (Oral or Written examination depending on the number of students): 51%
- Term paper: 49%
- Pass decision is on the cumulative grade.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Evaluated by external and internal examiner.
A new term paper must be provided next autumn. For the exam: Ordinary re-sit examnination.
Dictionary, simple calculator
Selected chapters of the following textbooks
- A. Kott, W. McEneaney: Adversarial Reasoning: Computational Approaches to Reading the Opponent’s Mind. Chapman & Hall, 2006
- R. D. Luce and H. Raiffa: Games and decisions: Introduction and Critical Survey. Dover Publications, New York, 1989
Material from the professors, selected articles, webpages and book chapters.
Capacity of the course is limited to 24 students for the first course, unless explicitly arranged by lecturer.
In case there will be less than 5 students that will apply for the course, it will be at the discretion of Studieprogramansvarlig whether the course will be offered or not an if yes, in which form.