On the basis of
ELE1051 - Elektronikk
ELE2111 - Datatransmisjon
Expected learning outcomes
The intention of the course is to give an overview of the principles, methods and equipment in use in different types of telecommunication system.
In this subject the network of telecommunications is the essential.
- The principle structure of telecommunication network. Network and services.
- Access and transport networks of telecommunication
- Signalling networks
- Transmission technologies. Systems for electrical, optical and XDSL technology
- Transmission quality
- Multiplexing and switching
- IP telephony and IP trunking
Wireless telecommunications is covered in another subject and will not be detaild her.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
"Technologies and systems for access and transport networks" by Jan A. Audestad, 2007, Artech house.
"Telecommunications Essentials. The Complete Global Source" by Lillian Goleniewski, Second edition, 2007 Addision-Wesley
Replacement course for
ELE3131 - Telekommunikasjonsnett