Expected learning outcomes
The student will get knowledge of programmable systems to control machines, industrial processes and smart buildings.
Hardware design and function of Programmable Logic Controllers (short info).
- Main programs, subroutines and interrupt routines.
- Logic and manipulating bit and register instructions.
- Compare, conversion and arithmetic instructions.
- Timers, counters, highspeed counters.
- Sequence Control Relay
- Analogue Signal Processing.
Man/Machine Systems for automation.
Distributed Microcontoller System (LonWorks from Echelon)
- Introduction to the LonWorks Technology
- Bus Based Control
- Practical applications with LonMaker for Windows
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Exercises (must have been approved by lecturer)
8 exercises in PLC and 2 within LonWorks must be approved in order to qualify for the examination.