Energy system analysis project course
Study plans 2016-2017
- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to have
- have advanced knowledge about energy systems
- have thorough knowledge about energy system analysis
- be able to analyze existing theories, methodologies, data and results in the field and work independently with practical and theoretical issues.
- have a deeper understanding of the systems perspective and analyze different energy systems
- be able to use energy system analysis tools in order to carry out an independent, limited research or development project
- communicate about technical issues, analysis and conclusions in the field of system analysis
- contribute to improvements by identifying system failure.
System Analysis of different energy systems such as:
Energy Modelling Tools and choice
Modelling of different systems
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Computer based simulation
The course is based on students own work.
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner. External examiner every 4 years, next time in 2020.
New improved report within 3 month
2 individual compulsory assignments
Will be given at semester start