Study plans 2016-2017
- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student will
- have a deeper understanding of the importance of statistical and probabilistic methods in the concurrent TQM culture.
- be able to apply probability models and statistical tools to engineering problems.
- be able to apply design of experiments (DOE) to laboratory collected data using statistical tools
- Be able to grasp the possibilities and limitation of existing Quality Engineering tools for manufacturing processes and products
• Evolution of Quality Design and Control
• Statistical Methods and Probability Concepts for Data Characterization
• Statistical Process Control
• Control Charts
• Planned Experimentation
• Design and Interpretation of 2k factorial experiments
• Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma
• Quality Management System and relevant international standards
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student are free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that are best fitted for her/his own requirement. Lectures that sums up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (Fronter). Tutoring are given at campus in accordance to announced times. Tutoring is also available via internet.
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, see textarea
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
• Written individual report
• Individual oral exam (15 minutes) may adjust the grade up or down to the final grade.
• For off campus students the oral exam will be arranged through web conference.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiners. External examiner every 4 years, next time 2020.
Next ordinary exam –final report re-write and individual presentation.
• Individual assignments
• Students must pass 3 of 5 individual assessments to take final assessment
Course book reference available on Fronter
Supplementary literature : see information in Fronter
Replacement course for
TØL 4031 is replaced by TØL 4032