- SMF1042F Basic Economics.
Expected learning outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting theory.
- They shall have practical experience in making year-end adjustments in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
- The students have learned how to read and understand official accounts.
- They shall know, and have an overview over those prosesses and activities witch take place in a company economical function.
- The economical function: Organizing, planning and control of all activities in connection with the economic function.
- The traditional year-end accounting concepts and classifications.
- Performance versus asset based accounting theory.
- Liabilities and shareholders equity.
- Income and dividends.
- Expenses and losses.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- External examiner is used periodically to avaluate contents, arrangements and the examination system. Next time 2017.
- August 2017.
- Calculator not to be communicate with others.
- Accounting standards.
- Ottesen og Øyen, Samling av lover, forskrifter o.l. is not allowed
- Two compulsory works (both must be approved).
- Kristoffersen, Årsregnskapet, Fagbokforlaget, 5. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-2035-9.
- Kristoffersen, Oppgavesamling til Årsregnskapet, Fagbokforlaget, 5. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-2036-6.
- Moen og Havstein, Regnskapsorganisering, Cappelen Damm, 6. utgave, ISBN 978-82-02-42896-9, eller nyere utgave.
- Laws and accounting standards is stated by the start of the course.