Expected learning outcomes
- Show good understanding of organizational theory applied on actual administrative and managerial issues.
- Acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes as a leader, and also be able to recognize and manage employee participation in decision processes within an organization.
- Part 1: Aims and efficiency - organization structure - human, social, ethical and cultural relations - power and conflicts - surroundings - motivation and rewards - communication - decision-making processes - learning and organizational development- management - how to study organizations.
- Part 2: The myths and reality of the service society - profitability - the service management system - personnel development - the customer as market and co-producer - physical environment and technical remedies - the companys image - the creation, reproduction and further development of business ideas - price policy - internationalisation - quality, productivity and strategy - diagnosis - culture and philosophy as instruments in management - changing and leadership.
- Part 3: Elements of Norwegian Labour Law, Norwegian working environment and legal framework
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- External examiner spring 2017.
- External examiner is used periodically to evaluate contents, arrangements and the examination system.
- Ordinary resit.
- Approved exercises are valid for resit examination.
- Laws and Agreements.
- Exercises (all three must be approved).
- Details concerning course requirements will be presented at the beginning of the semester.
- Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar og Thorsvik, Jan, Hvordan organisasjoner fungerer, Fagbokforlaget, 4. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-1445-7.
- Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar og Thorsvik, Jan, Hvordan organisasjoner fungerer - Arbeidsbok og casesamling, Fagbokforlaget, 4. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-1446-4.
- Normann, Richard, Service Management, Cappelen akademiske forlag, 3. utgave, ISBN 82-02-19835-6.
- Storeng, Beck og Due Lund (2015). Arbeidsrett. Cappelen DAM forlag, 9. utgave, ISBN 9788202470470.
- Norwegian Labour Law and other related laws and Norwegian Labour Agreements (i.e. NHO - LO).