Study plans 2016-2017
- 5 ECTS
On the basis of
REA1042- Mathematics 10
Expected learning outcomes
The students must be able to
- Compute means and standard deviations, expectation values, variances and co-variances
- Compute probabilities and use discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Compute point and interval estimates for the parameters in the Normal distribution
- Use a test of hypotheses
- Compute correlations, find a straight line by using the method of least squares and determine the standard deviation of the straight line constants.
- Use statistical methods to solve practical engineering problems
- Measures of central tendency, variation and linear regression.
- Stochastic models, elements of probability, conditional probability, independence
- Expected value, variance and standard deviation. - Binomial and Poisson distribution. Uniform, normal, Students t- and exponential distribution.
- Point and interval estimators. Tests of hypotheses.
The parameters in normal distribution (one and two variables), binomial and Poisson distribution. Linear model.
- Computer applications (Binomial, normal and linear model).
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- Løvås, Gunnar G.: Statistikk for universiteter og høgskoler, ISBN 82-15-00224-2