GEO1191 Land Surveying 1
Expected learning outcomes
- Basic measuring methods
- Use of measurement instruments
- Manual computation of coordinates and heights, accuracy computation.
- Documentation and standards.
- Ability to work with measuring instruments
- Ability to use software to process survey data
- Basic use of measuring instruments and software, ability to process data both manually and in software, do documentation and write reports.
- Focus is on physical instrumental mechanisms, and quality controls/calibrations:
- Instrument checking, calibration and documentation
- Surveying with total stations
- Polar setting out
- Setting out for roads
- Setting out for tunnels
- Simple manual computation of coordinates and heights
- Survey computation programs’ introduction and elementary use:
- Road alignment computations
- Computing standards, Geodatastandarden
- Theories and practices necessary to be able to follow the topics introduced under Instruments, Techniques and Computations
-- Combining the estimated errors of independent observations
- Interpretation of technical drawings
- Movement of digital data between PCs and electronic field controllers
- Reports writing
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Campus students: Lectures, Group works, Exercises, Project work, Tutoring.
Net based students: Net based learning, Group works, Exercises, Project work, Tutoring.
Form(s) of Assessment
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Project reports are evaluated by nominated lectures.
External moderators regularly assist in reviewing content and evaluating arrangements for grading assessment.
Together with the next class, one year later.
The course work requirements must be conducted on campus NTNU in Gjøvik. Time of completion given at semester start.
5 to 6 mandatory tasks that must be approved befor the exam.
- Skogseth, T. (1998). Grunnleggende landmåling. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget (ISBN: 82-00-42453-7).
- Statens kartverk. (2001) Geodatastandarden.
- Statens kartverk. (2001) Geodatastandarden, grunnlagsnett.
- Statens Kartverk. (2005). Satellittbasert posisjonsbestemmelse.
- Vegdirektoratet. (2007). Vegdirektoratets håndbøker, 017 Geometrisk utforming.
- Vegdirektoratet. (2005). Vegdirektoratets håndbøker, 018 Vegbygging.
- Instrument and program manuals (regularly updated on WWW or built in to system hel files).
The courses "GEO1191 Basic Land Surveying 1" and "GEO1201 Basic Land Surveying 2" covers 100% of "GEO1181 Basic Land Surveying" course.
The course "GEO1201 Basic Land Surveying 2" is not approved as "GEO1181 Basic Land Surveying".