Digital Fundamentals and Microcontrollers
Study plans 2016-2017
- 10 ECTS
On the basis of
IMT1031 - Fundamental Programming
Expected learning outcomes
- Have knowledge within number system.
- Know the major topics digital technology.
- Have the necessary understanding of programmable digital circuits.
- Know about technical principles for modern microcontroller architecture and low-level programming.
- How programmable circuits and microcontrollers work.
- Conversion between number systems.
- Simplify Boolean functions, either using Boolean algebra or Karnaugh diagram.
- Synthesis of sequential circuits.
- Be able to program modern microcontrollers.
- Programming at low level, using C programming.
- Work in lab and to write lab-reports.
- Be able to understand the relation between hardware and software.
- Understanding relation between low-level and high-level programming.
- Number systems and codes
- Boolean algebra and Karnaugh map
- Logical and combinatory circuits
- Latches and flip-flops, sequential circuits, synthesis of synchronous circuits
- Multiplexers and demultiplexers
- Memory circuits
- Programming of microcontroller (C-programming and assembly programming)
- Hardware architecture (CPU, ALU, Stacks, busses and internal memory)
- Parallel/serial in/out circuits
- Interrupt and timers
- Analog to Digital converting (ADC)
- Direct Memory Access (DMA)
- Numerical processes
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by internal examiner. Graded periodically externally, next time 2019
Ordinary re-sit examination in August
Submission of compulsory assignments
Will be given when the semester starts.