IMT4110 Scientific Methodology and Communication or
IMT4192 Research and Scientific Methods in HCI or
IMT 4421 Scientific Methodology
Expected learning outcomes
- Possesses specialized insight and good understanding of the research frontier in a selected part of the topic covered by the Master Programme.
- Is able to apply the knowledge and understanding from the topics covered by the Master Programme to new and unfamiliar settings.
- Is able to handle theoretical issues, and solve complex practical problems, independently in the area covered by the Master Programme.
- Is able to use relevant and suitable methods when carrying out research and development activities in the area covered by the Master Programme.
- Is able to critically review relevant literature when solving new or complex problems and is able to integrate the findings into the proposed solution.
- Is able to plan and complete an independent and limited research or development project with guidance and in adherence to research ethics.
- An understanding of academic writing style and documentation structure.
- The ability to formulate a research problem and research questions.
- An understanding of ethical issues in research.
- Problem description and choice of methods
- Identifying, collecting and structuring published research results relevant for the project. Use of library resources
- Project planning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Mid term report is graded as Pass/Fail.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner will assess the mid term report. The supervisor is required to provide input to the mid term assessment process. External and internal examiner on the final report.
Student must submit a new final report where the topic of the resubmitted report must be significantly different from previously submitted report(s).
Replacement course for
IMT4601 Research project planning