On the basis of
- TØL4021 Management and Leadership for Sustainability
- TØL4041 Sustainable Development
- TØL4051 Information Systems Strategy
- TØL4141 Sustainable Product development and Life Cycle Assessment
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to have
- Advanced understanding and insight into knowledge creation and learning processes
- Advanced understanding and insight into different paradigm of Knowledge Management
- Advanced understanding of the strategic importance of unique knowledge in building competitive advantages and innovation
- Advanced understanding and insight into the culture of knowledge creation and learning processes
- Ability to use different paradigm of Knowledge Management for analyzing the process of knowledge creation in a company
- Ability to understand Knowledge Management in a sustainable paradigm
- Ability to understand Knowledge creation process on a global scale
- Introduction to Knowledge Management
- The Nature of knowing
- Intellectual capital and Strategic management peerspectives
- Creating knowledge; organizational learning and the learning organization
- Knowledge Artefacts; tools, culture and management systems
- Mobilising Knowledge
- Knowledge embedded in innovation
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Lectures and project work will be used to reach the targets for each attendant in the course. The course will be made accessible for both campus and remote students. Every student is free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that fits for her/him.
The lectures will be given on campus and are open to both categories of students. Documentation that sums up the main issues of the lectures will also be available on the internet through HiG's e-learning portal. Tutoring is given at the campus in accordance with announced schedules. In addition there will for remote students be at least one gathering at campus with mandatory attendance
In case of less than 4 students, the course will be based on self-study.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Final paper is given a temporary grade.
- Individual oral examination (15 minutes) may adjust the grade up or down to the final grade.
- Students must pass the final paper to be able to present themselves for the oral examination.
- Students must pass both parts to pass the course
- For off campus students the oral exam will be arranged through web conference.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
2 internal examiners. There will be an external examiner i 2014.
Ordinary re-sit for the term paper (next August). For the oral exam there will be a re-sit in agreement with the course responsible.
All available material
- 4 individual works - 3 must be approved before the final exam.
- Mandatory presence on seminars
The standard language is English. All hand-ins, exams, etc must be written in English.
se engelsk versjon
Knowledge Management; an integrated approach, A. Jashapara, Second Edition, Financial Times/ Prentice Hall (2010), ISBN: 978-0273726852
Additional literature will be announced at the start of the course