On the basis of
- TØL4041 Sustainable Development
- TØL4031 Quality and Risk Management
- TØL4051 Information Systems Strategy
- TØL4021 Management and Leadership for sustainability
- TØL4141 Sustainable Product development and Life Cycle
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to have
- knowledge about fundamental concept, strategies, principles and philosophy for sustainable processes and management
- knowledge about the importance of Total Productive Maintenance
- knowledge about Reverese logistics
- knowledge about Disassembly and remanufactuirng
- knowledge about Cleaner production
- understanding of the impact of value chain for sustainable manufacturing - understanding of the principles for Maintenance for Sustainable Manufacturing
- understanding of the needs for disassembly and remanufacturing
- ability to use IT-tools for simulation of production, Discrete Event Simulation, with focus on calculations for sustainability
- ability to develop sustainable production processes
- ability to develop disassembly, remaufacturing and cleaning processes
- Introduction to Operations management, Scheduling, capacity planning and production planning
- Total Productive Maintenance, Maintenance for Sustainable Manufacturing
- Plant Layout and material flow design and Discrete Event Simulations
- Supply chain design and management
- Sustainable Manufacturing Processes
- Recylability, reverse logistics
- Dissasembly and remanufacturing
- Cleaning technology
- Design for sustainable manufacturing
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student is free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that is best fitted for her/his own requirement.
The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. Lectures that sum up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (Fronter).
Tutoring is given at campus in accordance to announced times. In addition there will be at least one gathering at campus for remote students with mandatory laboratory exercises.
Tutoring is also available through internet.
All learning materials, lectures and tutoring will be in English. All hand-ins and exams must be in English.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Laboratory exercises, 4 assignments with a final report and presentation
- Students must pass all parts to pass the course
For off campus students the assignment contribution will be mentioned in the final report.
For off campus students the presentation will be arranged through web conference.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiners. External examiner every 4 years, next time 2015.
English dictionary, calculator
- 2 assignments must be approved
- Mandatory presence in seminars and exercises
Collection of articles from compendium