IMT4002 Recent Advances in Web Technology
Expected learning outcomes
After successfully completing the course, the student
- Possesses specialized insight and good understanding of the research frontier in a selected part of the web technology field
- Possesses thorough knowledge of professional and scientific theory and methodology in the selected part
- Is able to analyze existing theories, methods, and interpretations and to challenge established knowledge and practice in the web technology field
- Is able to critically review literature of relevance to the selected part of the web technology field
- Is experienced in acquiring new knowledge and skills in a self-directed manner
- Is able to communicate academic issues, analysis, and conclusions, with specialists in the field, in oral and written forms
- Web application technology and development
- Web architecture
- The semantic web
- Web of services
- Web of devices
- XML technology
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be offered both as an ordinary campus course and as a course that is offered in a flexible way to off-campus students. Teaching material produced for the seminars will be made available electronically. Communication between the teachers and the students, and among the students, will be facilitated by the Fronter.
Form(s) of Assessment
Oral exam, individually
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Oral examination based on project report and course material.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Two internal examiners
There is no re-sit examination for projects.
Presenting a set of research papers for fellow students.
A selection of research papers will be presented at the start of the course.
Replacement course for
Preregistration in Fronter is necessary to ensure that the course is offered. The course may not run if less than five students have preregistred by August 20.