Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, students will have a basic understanding of and skills in visual design of web pages. They should be able to plan and carry out the development of Web pages and sites based on the most important client based web tecnologies as well as a basic understanding for the server based content management systems. The students will also be able to independently assess and describe the most important aspects of a site's usability, effectiveness, and information architecture, and further to decide what any changes needed to improve the quality of the site / page.
- Basic web technology understanding
- (X)HTML (for structure)
- CSS (for presentation)
- Contente management systems
- Images and illustrations for web
- Creating web graphics
- Information architecture, structure and information flow with user-friendly focus
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Form og function (web design)
- Web servers and nettwork
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, 24 hours
Written exam, 3 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam, 3 hours (counts 20 %)
- Practical, individual at-home exam, 24 hours (counts 50 %)
- Group project with oral presentation and fellow students evaluation of the presentation part (counts 30 %)
All parts must be passed separatly.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- Written exam is graded by course teacher and external examinor
- At-home exam is graded by course teacher. Evaluators guide is evaluated by an external examinor.
- Group project is graded by course teacher. Evaluators guide is evaluated by an external examinor.
Resit is only available for the written exam and the home exam. The group project can be re-taken the next time the course is run.
No supporting materials are allowed during the written exam. It is free use of resources during the home exam and the project, but co-operation between individuals or groups are prohibited. The solution handed in must be unique and not show signs of being copied from other sources.