Technology and methodology in health care
If your are interested in the role of technology in health care and society, the University College of Gjøvik has developed a course for health professionals and people being trained in health professions.
1. Philosophy of Science and Technology:
- How we gain knowledge in health care
- What the knowledge is about
- How we infer in health sciences
- What is causality, i.e. the aim of our knowledge?
- How do we test and verify our knowledge?
2. Methodology in health care
- What is evidence?
- How do we gain health care knowledge?
- How do we assess knowledge in health care?
3. Technology assessment
- What is good technology?
- How do we measure outcome (efficacy, effectiveness, efficiency)?
- How do we assess diagnostic technology?
- How does technology influence organization, e.g. the requirements for training and education?
4. Technology, ethics, and society
- What is the relationship between technology and values?
- What kind of moral challenges are posed by technology?
- Do we control technology or does technology control us?
- To gain knowledge of what technology is, and which methods we have to assess technology and its role in society.
- To gain and train abilities to recognize and analyze the role of technology in health care in particular, and in society in general.
- To develop analytical and critical attitudes towards technology.
Gjøvik University College