Technology Design and Management
As a student you will learn how to manage the interaction between product design and production friendly processes. Technology Design encompasses design of a product and management of the process from design to complete production of the product.
New products emerge on the market all the time; products with same functionality, quality, and price. They are only separated by design. What materials and shape has the product, what are the costs for production and development, how high up should the quality bar lay, and how should we market the product? The aim of this programme is to educate students who can assist companies to meet the challenges of tomorrow regarding product design and continuously improvement of processes.
The students will acquire the skills that are necessary to develop an idea into a product:
- How to develop and design products?
- How to conduct good branding?
- How to make use of software tools and laboratories in design and production process?
- How to lead production?
- How to lead a company?
- How to ensure good quality?
- How to satisfy environmental requirements?
- How to market the product?
Students develop knowledge in creative problem-solving, how to use software tools to make choice of materials and analyse different constructions, and how to carry out computer-aided design. Management subjects as project management, production management, quality management, organisational culture, and improvement processes are central issues in this education. The programme also encompasses mathematics, mechanics, and work experience in a company.
Depending of the number of students and their choices, we offer optional subject packages within: entrepreneurship, technical English, calculation of strength, design in aluminium, economical management, and ergonomics of digital media.
The students have access to modern equipment such as 3D printers and scanners.
Language: The lectures are mainly held in Norwegian.
This study qualifies for admission to master degrees at university colleges and universities both in Norway and abroad.
- Product design
- Product development
- Management and administration
- Project management
- Quality assurance
ECTS credits: 180
Generell studiekompetanse el realkompetanse
Semester fee: 750 NOK
- BSc Technology Design (2009-2010)
- BSc Technology Design (2007-2008)
- BSc Technology Design (2006-2007)
- BSc Technology Design (2008-2009)
- Bachelor of Technology Design (2010-2011)
- Bachelor of Technology Design (2011-2012)
- Bachelor of Technology Design (2012-2013)
- Bachelor of Technology Design (2013-2014)