R&D organisation at Gjøvik University College:
The group of leaders are responsible to:
- Suggest strategical plans and action plans for R&D to the board, and to implement decisions made by the board.
- Decide in matters of strategical priorities (applications for money to the RCN (Research Council of Norway) , the Minestry of education and research , allocating PhD-positions and internal scientific umbrella project )
- Adopt regulations for internal control and reporting from PhD-students, R&D-projects and other incentives.
- Appoint persons to the central R&D-advisory body and other bodies working with R&D in UNISKA (scandinavian cooperation), PIU (central Norway coperation) etc.
The central R&D-advisory body:
- The R&D –advisory body shall be GUC´s expert body in questions regarding R&D.
- The body shall give the college management advice in questions concerning GUC`s strategic planning and action plans in the area of R&D.
- The body shall give an annual report concerning R&D at GUC within the end of January.
- The body shall give advice to the college management and the deans in all issues related to R&D and Ph.D –programmes at GUC.
Composition of the body:
- Five members form the Academic Staff with experience from R&D. The members must have minimum qualifications as associate professors.
- One representative form the PH.D. - students
- Rector can meet as an observer in the body meetings.
- The Office of the Director of Academic Affairs serves as secretary for the body
Assosiate Professor Sigrun Jahren (ING)
Assosiate Professor Katrin Franke (IMT)
Professor John Lundstøl (HOS)
Professor Inger Johansson, (HOS)
Assistant Professor Ingrid Landgraff Østlie (HOS)
Reasearch Fellow Marius Pedersen (IMT)
The R&D -body appoint its own head. The members are appointed to January 2011.
Responsibilities of the R&D executive officer
- Secretary and preparation of R&D matters to the group of leaders and the R&D advisory body.
- Plans and reports concerning R&D ( budget documents at HiG and to the Minestry of education and reasearch)
- Follow up routines for reports from PhD-students and internal R&D projects.
- Propose to the group of leaders on matters concerning money to umbrella projects and other strategical R&D efforts (as applications to the RCN, the ministry, priorities of research fellow positions etc.).
- Keep up to date on actual scientific programmes, routines for writing proposals and reporting from R&D projects etc.
- Update Web-pages on R&D.
- Secretary for the local comitee of the yearly scientific week
- See to that contracted reports is sent RCN , help the project leader with basic information in economy etc.
- Responsible for the forum of Knowledge at GUC.
Responsibilities of the deans.
- Establish R&D strategies and work plans for their department, and implemet this within the University College total plans and the frames of the departement.
- Report from the departements R&D efforts according to the yearly routines at GUC.
- Follow up the research fellows according to adopted regulations .
- Keep informed of relevant research programmes and work to promote better research proposals.