New record for colorlab
Colorlab at GUC got eight academic papers accepted at a single international conference. - Good research and international cooperation, Professor Jon Yngve Hardeberg explains.
CGIV (Color in Graphics, Imaging and Vision) is organized by the Society for Imaging Science and Technology (IS & T) every two years in the field of color and visual information. Over the years, Colorlab has positioned itself as an important contributor in the field of color science and imaging. In addition to the eight papers that got accepted, both Jon Yngve Hardenberg and Faouzi Alaya Cheikh will lead a session each at the conference. In addition, Hardeberg will also lead a keynote session, as one of three lecturers. The CGIV conference is held in Finland in June.
- This is a new record for us at the Colorlab and I think we have twice as many contributions as some of the other institutions at the conference. So, this is certainly very gratifying, says Hardeberg. - This conference is an important meeting point, and we look forward to seeing both staff and students making their mark.
Several articles that are accepted are part of the Master`s thesis of students at GUC. They are students coming from CIMET or students in Master in Media Technology . In addition, research work at the PhD level and in cooperation with researchers at GUC will also be presented.
The accepted papers are:
1. On the Use of Saliency Maps for the Detection of print artifacts,
Guanqun Cao, Marius Pedersen, Zofia Baranczuk
2. Simplified Gamut Boundary Representation Using Mesh Decimation,
Arne M. Bakke and Ivar Farup
3. Analysis of the Difference of Gaussian Model in Image Difference Metrics, Sebastien A.
Marius Pedersen, Gabriele Simone
4. Evaluating Color Difference Form by Riemannian Metric,
Dibakar Pant, Ivar Farup.
5. Convex color object recognition and Classification Using spectral and morphological
Steven Le Moan, Alamin Mansouri, Tadeusz Sliwa, Madain Patricio Pérez, Yvon Voisin, Jon Y.
6. A Modified Framework for the Evaluation of overusing color prints image quality metrics,
Marius Pedersen and Seyed Ali Amirshahi
7. Evaluating smoothness of 3D LUT-based color Transformations,
Zhaohui Wang, Anna Aristova, Jon Yngve Hardenberg
8. Combi Ning color Descriptors for improved code-book model
Based image retrieval,
Aitor Álvarez Gila, Guanqun Cao, Sheikh Faridul Hasan, Yu Hu