Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to
- Have advanced knowledge about the fundamentals and key aspects of strategic information management
- Understand the effects of Information systems strategy planning, development, implementation and validation
- Communicate results and conclusions both oral and written with the discussion of knowledge and arguments which these are based on
- Plan and formulate Information System Strategy
- Manage, organize and structure development and maintenance of Information Systems
- Evaluate and suggest Information Systems regarding to organizational strategic goal and business benefits
- Identify and analyze key components in an organizations IT platform and Information Systems
- Describe the role of Information Systems and IT Management have
- Understand how decisions about IT and management affects individuals, groups and organization
- Conceptual developments in Information Systems Strategy
- Information Systems Stategic management (ISSM)
- Strategic Information Systems Planning (SISP)
- Information Strategy Models
- Information Technology Strategy
- Structure, culture and change management in information systems
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student is free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that is best fitted for her/his own requirement.
The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. Lectures that sum up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through NTNUs learning management system.
Tutoring are given at campus in accordance to announced times. In addition there will be at least on gathering at campus for remote students with mandatory exercises.
Tutoring is also available through internet.
The course teaching language is English. Teaching, tutoring, assignments and exam are given in English.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Essay, value quality on final paper
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner. External examiner every 4 years, next time 2018.
New deadline for improved paper
- Completed at least 2/3 of assignments
- Participate in at least 50% of the tutorials and seminars
Clarke, S (2007) Information System Strategic Management - An Integraget Approach. 2nd ed. Routledge.
Additional material available at GUC's learning management system (Fronter).