Bachelor Dissertation 20
Study plans 2016-2017
- 20 ECTS
100 study points before Sept.01. the fall when the bachelor work starts.
Expected learning outcomes
The Bachelor Dissertation completes students’ programme of studies and integrates the study’s important components. The subject for the Dissertation is chosen to give students the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to independently consider defined problems in detail. Students are required to show that they understand the need for a methodical approach to problems, and that they have the ability for reflection and scientific consideration.
On completing their Dissertation, students will have shown their competence:
- Plan and complete a significant problem
- Find and document, together with their advantages and disadvantages, possible solutions to the problem
- Select their preferred solution, and document the arguments for their selection
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of working in a group
- Understand the importance of making and following up good project plans
- Consider alternative working methods, including method-based and problem-based forms.
- Present their work using different techniques
The project is to be based upon realistic problems relevant to the individual student’s programme of studies. The task should be designed so that the lessons of the various detailed themes studies will be used.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
- Group works
- Project work
(Individual work may be allowed)
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Students are evaluated on the way they have developed and completed their project, and then on their final product. Evaluation is based on demonstrated ability to:
- Define relevant and interesting problems
- Work systematically and with focus on their project objective
- Carry out technical projects
- Critically consider their own and others’ results, as well as reflecting over their conclusions
- Present the project in written form
- Present and explain the project orally
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Regular progress reporting during the project period