Expected learning outcomes
The course aims to facilitate an understanding of academic formation as well as an awareness of the own engineering profession. The academic formation includes critical reflection, scientific thinking and ethical competence. Awareness of their own profession involves both the engineer's role in society and the social challenges that the engineer is expected to provide solutions to.
- Describe what sustainable development within various engineering professions involves.
- Explain what academic formation mean.
- Know the basic methods of rethinking and innovation.
- Plan and carry out simple engineering projects.
- Write a group based academic rapport with the proper use of references and critical use of sources.
- Reflect and communicate over fellow students work.
- Sustainability in various engineering professions
- Academic writing
- Project work
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Based on a lecture series on sustainability within various engineering professions, the students must write an individual reflection.
The students will write a group based academic report with proper use of references and critical use of sources. The report will be presented orally and it is planned that the groups should oppose each other. For online students, the report can be written individually and there will be an alternative arrangement for the presentation and opposition.
Students will also complete a project with documentation of the result. Online students receive an adjusted plan.
For online students there will be recordings of the central lectures on campus. Guidance for online students will be via a forum on the learning platform.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Individual reflection
- Academic report with presentation and opposition
- Documentation of project work
- All parts must be passed
Two internal examiners. External examiners are not used.
Next time the course is scheduled.
The student must have completed the digital course 3IKK (3 hours creativity courses).
Replacement course for
TØL1051 Introduction to engineering