SMF1321 Analytisk tegning, form, farge
On the basis of
TEK1002 Dataassistert design
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course the student should:
- have basic knowledge of product development with emphasis on aesthetics, function and ergonomics.
- have basic knowledge regarding the product's character and role in society.
- have knowledge of key themes, theories, issues, processes, tools and methods in the field.
- be able to apply knowledge of design where user-focused solutions and aesthetic experience is emphasized.
- be able to apply methods for user-focused and inclusive design; concerning product, market and cultural understanding.
- have developed a critical approach towards analyzes of the product regarding form, aesthetics and function.
- have developed the necessary skills to visualize an ideation process.
- be able to create three-dimensional models ; mockups and 3-d printing.
- be able to reflect on their professional practice and adjust this under tutoring.
- Product ideation and visualization
- Analysis of an existing product and redesign
- Concept, expression and 3-d form
- Interaction between shape and function
- Design of industrial products
- Suggested product benefits / product improvements
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
One essay based on design theory
One assignment on design process and method
One project work; Power-point presentation, 3-d visualization and project report
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
2 internal examiners/ external and internal examiner
Farstad, Per 2007. Industridesign , Universitetsforlaget, ISBN 82-15-00418-0
Norsk Designråd, 2010, Innovating with people, the business of inclusive design, ISBN 978-82-991852-2-6
Bjarki Hallgrimsson, 2012, Prototyping and modelmaking for product design, Laurence King Publishing, ISBN 13: 978 1 85669 876 4
William Lidwell, Kritina Holden, Jill Butler, 2010, Universal Principles of Design, Rockport Publishers Inc., ISBN 10: 1 59 253 587 9
Replacement course for
SMF2261 Produktdesign Marked
Students must pay a fee of up to NOK . 200,- to cover the costs of printing 3-d model.