Bachelor thesis in nursing
Study plans 2016-2017
- 20 ECTS
SPL 2041 or SPL 2041D.
SPL 2012 or SPL 2012D.
SPL 3013 and SPL 2031 must be passed before the preliminary plan for the thesis can be turned in and evaluated.
SPL 2013 and SPL 2041 must be passed before the thesis sketch as a mandatory assignment can be turned in.
The last period of supervised practical training can be completed after completed Bachelor Thesis.
On the basis of
All previous courses.
Expected learning outcomes
- The student has an overview of different research designs and research methods used in qualitative and quantitative approaches
- The student can account for the literature survey as a method
- The student has knowledge about relevant publication channels and databases for research in the fields of nursing and health
- The student has insight into ethical guidelines for medical and health research
- The student carries out systematic literature searches and utilises relevant sources in all parts of the bachelor thesis
- The student presents critical, logical and constructive argumentation, orally and written
- The student masters norms for academic writing
- The student discusses a relevant nursing perspective in relation to his/her chosen topic for the bachelor thesis
- The student shows critical reflection on his/her work, learning outcomes and collaboration in his/her exam group
- The student utilises terminology relevant to the field
- The student accounts for elements in knowledge-based nursing practice
- The student shows the ability to think innovatively in his/her choice of topic for the bachelor thesis
- The student shows opportunities for innovation in service development in the conclusion of the bachelor thesis
Competence based on theory and practical nursing skills (PNS) from nursing science, medical and natural science and social sciences. The students can work with individually chosen subjects or in cooperation with external partners.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Lectures, group works, seminars, mandatory assignments
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, see textarea
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Mandatory assignments: Sketch, preliminary plan, course seminars, oral presentations. See criterias in curriculum for study unit 3.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner of all thesis.
More information in the curriculum for study unit 3.
Replacement course for