Expected learning outcomes
Give the candidates an improved understanding of
- Different general authentication mechanisms
- Selected authentication methods: passwods/PIN, gait, signature, keystroke dynamics, mouse dynamics
- The concept of Continuous Authentication
- Technics to test autentication methods
- The candidate possesses thorough knowledge of the security of knowledge based authentication systems.
- The candidate possesses advanced knowledge in the theory, design and evaluation of Behavioural Biometric Systems.
- The candidate possesses advanced knowledge in the theory, design, and evaluation of Continuous Authentication Systems.
- The candidate is capable of applying his/her knowledge in the field of IT-security.
- The candidate is capable of updating his/her own knowledge in authentication related topics.
- The candidate is capable of using relevant scientific methods in independent research and analysis in biometrics.
- The candidate is capable of performing critical analysis of various literature sources on authentication methods.
- The candidate know relevant authentication methods and terminology.
- The candidate is capable of taking part in debates in national and international fora within the field of authentication and behavioural biometrics.
- The candidate is capable of working independently in the field of biometrics and is familiar with biometric terminology.
- The candidate is capable of analyzing relevant professional and research publications in behavioural biometrics.
- Authentication methods in general
- Password Security
- Behavioural biometric system evaluation
- Gait recognition
- Keystroke Dynamics
- Signature verification
- Mouse Dynamics
- Continuous Authentication Systems
- Evaluation of Continuous Authentication Systems
Teaching Methods (additional text)
This course will be mainly self-study with some supervision of the lecturer.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- The final grade is based upon written report and an oral examination.
- The student must provide a report on a topic that is chosen by the lecturer.
- The oral exam will focus on both the report and the course content.
Two internal examiners, or internal and external examiner.
External examiner will be used within 5 years period, next time at latest in 2018.
The whole course needs to be repeated
Dictionary is allowed
A reader written by the lecturer is handed out to the candidates at the beginning of the course. Additional course material is availble in Fronter.
The course content is complementary to the course IMT6071 Biometrics