Research Project in Human Computer Interaction
Study plans 2016-2017
- 5 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
- deep knowledge of tools and methodologis for quantitative research in Human-Computer Interaction
- be able to suggest a topic for quantitative investigation within the area of Human Computer Interaction
- independently be able to make a plan of how to carry out a scientific work
- Be able to perform a litterature study
- be able to work with relevant tools for gathering data in HCI, like eye-trackers and questionaires.
- be able to facilitate and analyze data from science projects
- have competence to read and analyze scientific publications
- be able to report results from scientific projects, including projects carried out by the student herself
- have developed a clear ethical attitude in relation to how scientific methodology is used
- experience in teamwork
- Research ethics
- Quantitative research designs
- Choice of methods, including planning and how to carry out and analyze experiments/studies
- Data analysis and statistics
- Tools for quantitative research of Human-Computer Interaction
- Practical quantitative research project within Human-Computer Interaction, including litterature review and the writing of an "journal style" scientific paper
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
For the part of the course that is project work it is required that students can meet in groups, and do the necessary data-collection, analyses and writing together.
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Internal examiner for project.
No re-sit, new examination possible next time the course is running.
Project plan and litterature study (done in groups).
- Leedy, P D, and Ormrod, J E: "Practical Research, -Planning and design, 11th ed. Pearson Educational Int.