Web project III
Study plans 2016-2017
- 10 ECTS
- IMT1471 Web project I
- IMT1441 Programmering for the web I
On the basis of
- IMT2671 Web project II
- IMT3851 Programming for the web II
Expected learning outcomes
The projects at the Bachelor of Web Development, named Web Project I-III, aim to give the students practical competence and experience with developing communication solutions for web and mobile. The main topic for Web Project III is making complete web solutions.
Upon completing this course, the student should
- have thourough knowledge of methods for planning and managing web development projects
- have an overview of the most common publication systems for the Web, and their advantages and disadvantages
Upon completing this course, the student should be able to
- participate as an experienced, rich in initiative and effective member of a self-organizing project team that works systematically towards a common goal
- plan and contribute effectively over time to an iterative design and development process
- contribute to seeing and preventing conflict and ineffective or counter-productive group behaviour before it arises, and handle such problems effectively
- design and implement a complete web solution from sketch to fully functional prototype or beta version
- critically evaluate a functional prototype against user feedback, and make necessary adjustments based on this
By working to complete this course the student should develope her competence in the following areas:
- Project work
- Problem solving
- Team work
- Experience-based competence
As long it is practically possible, the project assignments will be given by external employers, normally companies the university college is cooperating with. The assignments will mainly be related to the company's own web development projects. Where possible a close cooperation with the company will be encouraged and facilitated, and it may be possible to work in the company's offices for periods of time.
To some extent, faculty members or administrative employees of the university college may also be used as employers for project assignments.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
For the main part, the teaching will consist of work in groups, as well as regular meetings with a supervisor. Additionally there will be held some lectures about topics which are relevant for the project.
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Projects will be graded on the basis of a group report. The report should have two parts, which each count against 50% of the total grade: One part which presents and discusses the project and the development work, and one part which presents and discusses the group process (teamwork).
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
No re-sit exam. In the event of a failing grade, the student(s) must take the course again the next time the course is held.
Replacement course for
The course replace IMT3391_03 Capstone Web Projects III
This course is only available for students in the Bachelor of Web Development program, or a maximum of 25 students.