IMT1031 or IMT1441
On the basis of
IMT1082 and IMT2571 or
IMT2261 and IMT3851
Expected learning outcomes
- The candidate should be able to evaluate different solutions and make reasoned choices for the development of advanced web based applications.
- The candidate should be able to plan and organize the development of web-based applications.
- The candidate should be able to divide a web application in different layers.
- The candidate should be able to run a web development project and implement a final solution based on a customer's needs.
- The candidate should be able to combine different technologies and principles to create new solutions.
- The candidate should be able to further develop existing products to meet new demands
- The candidate has knowlegde about central interaction systems that allow work in groups both locally and at distance.
- The HTTP-protocol
- Serverside programming i PHP
- Cookies and session management
- Database usage
- Bootstrap and jQuery
- Web components and Polymer
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, see textarea
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Two projects that accounts for 20% each, totals 40%
- Individual 30 hours digital home exam with incremental deliveries in BitBucket, accounts for 60%
- Both parts must be passed.
The students will be given the URL for a BitBucket repository to be cloned when the exam starts. The internal examiner should be made an admin on the cloned repository. The students should update the repository at a minimum once every hour worth of work.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner for both projects and the digital home exam. An external examiner will be used in addition for the digital home exams every fourth year, next will be in 2019.
PHP and MySQL 24-hour trainer, Andrea Tarr, Wiley, ISBN: 978-1-1180-6688-1
jQuery in Action, second edition, Bear Bibeault and Yehuda Katz, Manning publications. ISBN: 9781935182320
Tutorials and teaching material available trough Fronter