Expected learning outcomes
- Know of brand management in a historical perspective
- Good knowledge about main theories for strategic brand development and management
- Good knowledge of the function of brand management for companies and consumers
- Know of the relation between brand management and sustainable business development
- Know of recent scientific results in brand management
- Ability to use main theories in brand management in companies
- Ability to evaluate perspectives and make decisions according to a sustainable business development
- Ability to find sources for expanding own knowledge in brand management
- Understand, communicate and discuss main theories on the subject.
- Understand, communicate and discuss dilemmas related to brand management and sustainability
- Know of basic methods in creativity and innovation
- Introduction to brand management
- Effects of brand management for companies and consumers
- The brands position for customers and the market
- Brand associations
- Brand evaluation
- The brand relation aspect
- Brand positioning
- Brand development strategies and cooperation
- Brand communication
- Brand management and sustainability
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Different learning facilities will be available on Fronter, in addition to supervision, small cases and compulsory work.
Lectures may be given in both Norwegian and English.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Exams can be taken at GUC's campus or at other locations closer to the student's homeplace.
For exams to be taken outside campus, please contact our Student Information Desk as soon as possible for further information about application forms and costs.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner is used every 5. Year, next time spring 2017.
Otherwise internal examiner.
Approved exercises are valid for re-sit examination
One compulsory exercise, recommended as a group exercise, but can be done individually.
The compulsory exercise has to be approved before the student can meet for examination.
In addition the students on Bachelor in Economics, Business Administration and Sustainability have to participate in the digital course 3IKK (3 hours course in innovation and creativity), included exercises. The course have to be approved before the student can meet for examination.
Samuelsen, Bendik M, Adrian Peretz og Lars E. Olsen, (2010). Merkevareledelse på norsk 2.0. (2. utgave). Oslo: Cappelen Akademiske Forlag.
Scientific articles/compendium will be announced later.
Bjerke, Rune og Nicholas Ind (2007). Organisasjonsdrevet merkevarebygging.Oslo: Cappelen Akademisk
Ind, Nicholas, Fuller, Clare og Charles Trevail (2012) Det samskapte merket. Oslo: Cappelen Akademisk