Study plans 2016-2017
- 30 ECTS
All other courses in the study program (90 credits) must be passed before the work on the master thesis can be started.
Expected learning outcomes
After successfully completing the program, students:
- Possess specialised insight into a research and development area and relevant research and development work
- Possess knowledge of theories and methods being used in the area of specialisation
- Are capable of defining a significant and complex research and development (R&D) problem relevant to the master program, clearly and independently, but with guidance from a supervisor
- Are capable of analyzing existing literature, theories, methods, and interpretations
- Are capable of planning and conducting necessary studies or experiments, organizing and analyzing data acquired, drawing defensible conclusions, and making recommendations based on these
- Are capable of documenting the results achieved in a research and development project, mastering the terminology of the field
- Are capable of acquiring new knowledge
The student must pick a specific problem of relevance to the master's program. The topic must represent a challenge within the specific area and must require that the student adheres to practices that are common within the area. The topic must be preapproved by the supervisor.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Project report and oral examination
- The project report is given a temporary grade.
- Individual oral examination/presentation may adjust the grade up or down to the final grade, according to performance.
- Students must obtain a passing grade on the report to be able to present themselves for the oral examination/presentation.
- Students must pass both parts to pass the course
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner and internal examiners
After failure, a student may submit a new or a revised thesis once . If the student chooses to submit a revised version of the thesis, this must be submitted in the following semester .
Master thesis agreement, signed by the student and the supervisor.
The student must participate in the supervision as a supervisee. The student must continuously be able to present project status to the supervisor and demonstrate that the project can be completed according to the current project plan or, alternatively, adjust the plan accordingly to ensure a successful outcome.