Infrastructure as Code
Study plans 2016-2017
- 10 ECTS
IMT1082 Object-oriented programming
On the basis of
IMT2282 Operating Systems and IMT3003 Service Architecture Operations
Expected learning outcomes
- knows how infrastructures can be managed as code with software engineering principles
- has knowledge of professional system administration workflow
- has broad knowledge of cross platform system administration with widely used tools and services
- can orchestrate and provision infrastructures
- can perform configuration management by declarative programming
- can perform the workflow of introducing changes into production through version controlled repositories and testing-environments
- can deploy and maintain widely used software for logging, monitoring, file service and email service
- can deploy directory services including identity management in heterogenous infrastructures
- has insight into how development and operations are uniting in the DevOps philosophy
- has insight into how to troubleshoot in different infrastructures
- Declarative programming
- Configuration management
- Rapid deployments
- Logging, Monitoring and Auditing
- Directory services
- Identity management
- Secure file access
- Email service
Net Support Learning
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
An overall evaluation based on 100 point scale, where project work counts 34 points, mid-term test counts 33 points, and final test (2 hours) counts 33 points. Conversion from 100 point scale to A-F scale according to recommended conversion table. In specific circumstances, the course responsible can slightly adjust the limits in the conversion table to enforce compatibility with the qualitative descriptions on the A-F scale.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Evaluated by internal examiner, external examiner is used periodically (every five years, next time in 2019/2020)
The next time the course is run.
Code D: No printed or hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
Read more about permitted examination aids.
All teaching material will be available online in the LMS.
Replacement course for
IMT3292 System Administration