Information and publishing technology
Study plans 2016-2017
- 5 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
- The candidate can summarize the historical development in the field.
- The candidate can describe a computers architecture and operation.
- The candidate can use the colleges information systems and infrastructure.
- The candidate can use and explain different protocols for data transfer and in what contexts they are used.
- The candidate should master delivery of data into and retrieval of data from relevant information systems at the college with the help of relevant software.
- The candidate must master the use of the school's wired and wireless computer networks and infrastructure.
- The candidate can create data in different formats and transcode file-based data to other formats.
- The candidate can manage their own data in such a way that they are protected against disclosure and misuse.
- Candidates may use relevant publishing systems to communicate information.
- The candidate knows the important cooperative systems that enable group work both locally and at distance.
- The candidate should be familiar with basic methods of innovation.
- Computer architecture and function
- Operating systems, software and data
- Data Communications and Protocols
- File formats for storing and exchanging data
- Information security
- Services on the colleges network (both intranet and internet based.)
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
The person responsible for the course will grade the written exam.
An external examiner will be used in addition every forth year, next time for the external examiner will be in 2015.
Ordinary sit for the written exam.
- Three out of five lab assignments must be approved.
- The student must have participated in the 3KK course.
- Computers Are Your Future, Introductory, 12/E, Cathy LaBerta, ISBN-13: 9780132545181, Prentice Hall
- Dokumentasjon for relevant programvare
Replacement course for
IMT1041 Information and publishing technology.