The Bachelor programme in Economics and Business Administration is aimed at those with ambitions to manage and develop sustainable businesses. The interdisciplinary and vocation-oriented programme prepares for a wide range of positions within both public and private sectors.
The programme offers a comprehensive and thorough management education with the options for specialisation in Sustinainability and Bio-economy or Industry and Commerce.
Industry: management of lean* organisations and the effective use of technology. Economical management, branding, and strategy development and implementation. (* “Lean” is the term for companies that are working actively to streamline their value-adding processes, and is a primary ambition for today's European businesses.)
Sustainability and Bioeconomy: Why do many beleive that the bio-economy is the answer to many of our climatic problems to day? How can a business turn sustainability to an advantage in marketing?
The first year topics will provide an understanding of the basic processes in the business sector, including a thorough knowledge in mathematics and statistics. The second year focuses on economics and management subjects such as financial accounting, socio-economics and enterprise strategy. The third and last year gives an in-depth knowledge within management and sustainability subjects and students choose a specialisation. A Bachelor’s Thesis is completed during the last semester in a selected subject.
Language:The lectures are mainly held in Norwegian.
Expected learning outcomes
This program aims to educate leaders with a solid background in financial and managerial subjects, and after graduation, candidates will possess the following:
• Have knowledge and understanding of sustainable economic and managerial theories, principles, models, issues, processes, tools and methods.
• Knowledge of research and development in the field of economics and management.
• The candidate should independently be able to update their knowledge, both through literature search and contact with experts.
• The candidate should have knowledge of the subject area's history, traditions, uniqueness and place in society. They should also have depth insights and especially good knowledge of one of the profiles Sustainability and Bio-economy, and Strategy - Commerce.
• Ability to apply knowledge and relevant results from research and development of practical and theoretical issues and make reasoned choices.
• Be able to work independently and apply relevant theories into practice through participation in group work and projects.
• Could master the relevant professional tools, techniques and forms of expression.
• Reflecting on their professional practice and adjust this.
• The candidate should be able to lead the functions within the financial and administrative discipline.
• The candidate will study and develop awareness of the attitudes reflected in the field of economics and management.
• The candidate shall be aware of the environmental, ethical and economic implications in relation to their own work.
• The candidate should be able to plan and execute a variety of tasks and projects that extend over time, alone and as a participant in a group, and in line with ethical requirements and guidelines.
• The candidate has an awareness of their own knowledge and skills, respect for other disciplines and professionals, and can contribute to interdisciplinary work.
• The candidate should be able to actively participate in economic and managerial discussions and the ability to share their knowledge and experiences with others and contribute to the development of good practice in the field.
• The candidate should be familiar with creativity and innovation processes in the field.
Table of subjects
|Coursecode||Course name||C/E *)||ECTS each. semester|
|SMF1301||Industry and business systems||C||10|
|REA1131||Basic mathematics and statistics||C||10|
|SMF2051||Organizational Management including Labour Laws||C||10|
|SMF1212||Project management and leadership||C||10|
|TEK2031||Introduction to Operations management||C||10|
|SMF2111||Investment and Financial Analysis||C||10|
|SMF3012||Organizational Behavior and Change Management||C||10|
|SMF3081||Intermediate Course on Statistics with SPSS||C||5|
|SMF3082||Applied Ethics and Sustainability||C||5|
|SMF3052||Bioeconomy and Sustainability||E||10|
|SMF3041||Strategy- carry out||E||10|
|TØL3901||Bachelor Dissertation 20||C||20|