On the basis of
- TØL4021 Management for Sustainability
- TØL4031 Quality and Risk Management
- TØL4041 Sustainable Development
- TØL4151 Life Cycle Assessment
- TØL4161 Sustainable Products Innovations
Expected learning outcomes
- Advanced knowledge on procurement for sustainable built environment.
- Advanced knowledge on life cycle energy and embodied energy of built environment and how to minimize the life cycle energy and embodied energy.
- Advanced knowledge on material selection and construction-site waste management.
- Advanced knowledge on how to map, design and manage work in construction so as to ensure a sustainable construction process.
- Supply procurement solutions for sustainable built environment.
- Understand the role of embodied energy in built environment.
- Find solutions to minimize the life cycle energy of buildings.
- Select right material for sustainable construction.
- Planning of sustainable building production .
General competence :
- Present key points of your work to colleagues both in writing and orally.
- Speak the professional language of construction managers.
- Procurement for sustainable built environment.
- Embodied energy and emissions of buildings.
- Selection of materials
- Waste management in construction
- Planning of sustainable building production.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student is free to choose the pedagogic arrangement from that is best fitted for her/his own requirement. Seminars in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students through web conference-systems (Eluminate, Adobe Connect etc). Recordings of seminars and tutoring sessions will be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (Fronter).
Teaching language is English. All hand-ins, reports and examination must be delivered in English.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Vritten Exam: 40 %Project work: 60 %
- Written exam is given a temporary grade
- Students must pass both parts to pass the course
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiners. External examiner every 4 years, next time 2016.
Continuation exam: revised project report
For the oral exam there will be a re-sit in agreement with the course responsible.
All materials available
- Participation in Seminars
- Two hand-ins
Compendium of articles and book chapter